We are not forgetting about the caregivers and family members who are taking care of their loved ones with cancer. Caring for someone with the illness is not an easy task and it may take a toll on your emotional and physical health. .
Here are some tips to help family and friends cope when a loved one is suffering from breast cancer:
1. Ask the doctor questions if you accompany your loved one to his or her appointments. .
2. Be prepared for unexpected mood and behavioral changes in your loved one. Medications, treatment, discomforts, and stress can cause your loved one to become depressed, angry, etc.
3. Be supportive but do encourage your loved one to be active and independent, as much as possible, to help him or her regain a sense of self-reliance and confidence.
4. Take care of yourself. Be aware of your own needs and make sure you are sleeping enough, eating properly, and taking some time off for yourself. There’s not much you can do if you are drained, irritable or unwell.
5. Ask help from other family members, relatives and friends if you need it. More often than not, they would be more than happy to be of help.
Photo 📸 : Photo from Fit With Pride: Trekking & Tour recently 💕
You can get all these information on breast cancer from our website https://www.breastcancerfoundation.org.my/treatment .