Nothing Lasts Forever, post #2:
Hard to believe, but 37 years ago TODAY - April 6th, 1982 - I booked the lead role in my very first film, Nothing Lasts Forever. Here are seven cool things from my original shooting script:
1) The director, Tom Schiller, gave most of the lead actors a soft leather bound script cover for shooting, as you can see here:
2) I was so stunned to be working with so many incredible people - and on my first film, no less - that when the movie was over, I had the entire cast sign the first two pages of my script:
3) Yup, that's huge - back - then - but - total - legend - now Bill Murray, who wrote "Zach Galligan - keep moving!" Seeing him write my name was BEYOND SURREAL. Insane! My Bill Murray stories could fill an entire chapter, much less an IG post:
4) Jazz singer extraordinaire Anita Ellis and political stand up legend Mort Sahl write some gracious things here, too: "Nothing Lasts Forever - except talent!" Ain't that the truth!
5) Eddie Fisher - the ex-husband of both Elizabeth Taylor and Debbie Reynolds (with whom he fathered the late, great Carrie Fisher) - writes "To a new star." Could he be any more Old Hollywood? BTW, super nice guy who willingly made fun of himself.
6) One of the nicest human beings I have ever met - Dan Aykroyd - signs, "Nice working with you. All the promise and best wishes for a prosperous future. Yours together in cinema, Dan Aykroyd." He would always insist that I call him Danny, even though we only worked together ONE day. Every time I I would run into him later on, he would always remember me, hug me, and ask me how I was doing. Spectacular guy!
7) Close up of Aykroyd's signature with a Conehead profile and the year 82 in a circle. Can you see it?
Spectacular Gremlins post coming next. Stay tuned!
#80s #80smovies #billmurray #danaykroyd #eddiefisher #mortsahl #anitaellis #legends #mgm #snl #highschool #1982
#moviedebut #movies #film #cinema #acting