There are many reasons to take care of your body!!
Recovery, re-hab, staying injury free, staying strong, ready for life and sports, balance, stability, fall prevention, proprioception... etc.
I do my best to help teach and share knowledge of the body, brain and human movement.
HERE ARE 2 EXCELLENT VISUALS I PUT TOGETHER FOR YOU. Understanding the human body and movements will help put the body back together, and doing exercises that serve the mechanical purpose; not just doing random things and not understanding why.
A few facts/tips 💪
1. The central nervous system. It gets stimulated with exercise. Also important, when you stand on BOSU balls, balance disc and balance pads this system gets stimulated even more. Which is important.
2. Posture is important for balance and walking. See all the deep muscles in the spine and other muscles of the core and trunk of the body. Needed for walking. Standing on these balance items, as you engage your core and stand tall strengthens posture, as well as other exercises.
3. Look at the spine and how different areas control different functions and movements. See how good posture will help, by looking at these illustrations.
4. The brain sends a message to the deep deep spine muscles, to stabilize the body, before it moves the arms and legs for movement.
5. Balance, stability and walking begins at the SPINE.
6. There are so many muscles in the body. New pathways may be needed at muscles you are not even aware of, even the very small but important muscles.
7. The trunk of the body (center/core) needs to be strengthened as well as retraining the balancing system by stimulating the central nervous system. And keeping a strong spine.
I share this, muscles and exercises in my books at
And on amazon.
#strong #strength #rehab #rest #strokerecoverywhatnow #fallprevention